- Vitamin B3 is known as niacin or nicotinic acid.
- It is essential for metabolism, growth and tissue oxidation.
- Vitamin B3 stimulates the central nervous system and brain functions.
- This vitamin lowers blood sugar in diabetics.
- It helps to improve joint pain of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Plays critical role in pathways of Inflammatory and Immune responses and affects progression of Diabetes, Cancer and Dementia.
- Husks of cereals
- Green vegetables
- Dried peas and beans
- Enriched fortified cereal
Deficiency of Vitamin B3 causes Pellagra characterized by 4D’s
Symptoms of deficiency includes a bright red tongue, depression, headache, fatigue, and memory loss.