- Supports cell growth which is why Vitamin A is crucial for proper functioning of heart, Kidneys, Lungs and other vital organs
- As it is a fat soluble vitamin, no supplementation is needed for individuals in dialysis.
- Vitamin A is found naturally in many foods and is added to some foods, such as milk and cereal, called fortification of foods.
- Beef liver and other organ meats
- Green leafy vegetables
- Broccoli, Squash and carrot
- Apricots, Mangos, Cantaloupe
- Dairy products—cream, butter, fortified milk